FAG Wheel Bearing 1st Generation
Compact bearing of 1st generation with pre-set bearing clearance
Wheel bearings of the 1st generation are compact bearing units, manufactured by FAG with a defined and preset bearing clearance, for-life lubrication (no maintenance) and sealing.
First generation wheel bearings are used on many applications due to their compact and rugged design, featuring lifetime sealing and lubrication. FAG has developed angular contact ball bearings for both front and rear wheels, ensuring optimum performance in the most demanding situations.
Some 1st generation bearings have integrated pulse generators (encoder) for measurement of wheel rotational speed. This signal is used by the vehicle electronics for driving dynamics systems and can even support navigation.
- Defined and preset bearing clearance
- For-life lubrication and sealing
- Both front and rear axle applications
- Proven OE quality from FAG
- Integrated sensor for measurement of wheel rotational speed